Saturday, September 7, 2019

Repotting Time?


Time to consider repotting me for Minnesota Winters!

I am surviving Spring and Summer in MN without lake time at the cabin quite well!  Adding some containers and hanging baskets along with more time to spend in the flower and hosta beds has been rewarding!  

But rolling into Sept. has had me thinking about what I am going to do about the long MN Winter and missing my Jan. thru March container gardening in AZ without snowbirding there!  I've been recalling prior to 13 years ago when I had house plants and success with African Violets in the guest bedroom window!  

So, I got rid of the queen size bed in the guest room by replacing it with an adorable loveseat and end table... creating space for some indoor gardening by the windows with a brand new shelving unit at Home Depot on sale!  Then I found a pair of containers I wasn't using and a spot for them in the living room!  (guests will get a blow up  bed now if they show up)

Doesn't this look exciting?     Stay tuned for the next chapters of this adventure!




P.S.  I have "been there...done that.." with grow lights in the basement.  There are stairs between upstairs and basement that just don't work for me any more!  And, 3 years of that was enough when I had big crop failure with dampening off happen!  

No comments:

Post a Comment