Friday, September 27, 2019

A Day of Gardening Enrichment!

Yep, one this fall even!  Our garden club arranged one and it was a lovely Saturday spent networking and learning some new gardening tricks and information!  Although I am not "into Herbs" the keynote speaker was inspiring and the most interesting speaker I've experienced on this topic!

Then three breakout sessions followed with lunch tucked in there and time to visit the vendors that were there!  One of the speakers shared some exciting tips on creating outdoor planters for the fall season which can extend to Thanksgiving!  So, that's 2 1/2 months to change up our tired summer displays out there!  I was scheduled to help Ginni do a "make and take" Kokedama breakout session, which we did two sessions of!  That was  fun adventure!  Ginni is such a talented artist so her creative arrangement and planters are so inspiring!  Oh, I also won a nice door prize, a full grown Purple Fountain Grass, perfect to pop into a planter that was holding some tired looking petunias!

Yep, I ended up getting reinspired to do Kokedama gardening so have several gift ones to put together now to share the fun with friends, etc!  I guess the 5 I made ahead to display ideas at the class will find homes in my indoor garden beds, etc. Some I designed to hang so they won't take up much space!   But, I couldn't resist buying myself a lovely new fern to "ball up"!  (more about that one later)







No comments:

Post a Comment