Monday, September 23, 2019

One of my winter indoor garden beds!

This is the garden bed in the south window of "my dressing room"!

Well, it didn't take long to pull out 20 of the annual plants in my Fairy Gardens that I want to winter over indoors this winter!  This rack held some of my fairy gardens on my deck and fit just right by this south window!  I've had plants growing well in this spot in the past, so..... I will  see if I have to add a grow light or two as time goes on.  Meanwhile the indoor temp is about what the outdoor temp is right now and they were growing in a part shade environment so my theory is they would adjust quickly.  Time will tell!  They are all indoor plants normally or lower zone plants that won't survive the MN winter even in the garage.

Most of them are ferns, a few low growing ground cover type plants, a vine I usually use on a miniature garden size trellis, and a lower zone one that I manipulate into a flowering tree.  All of these were split into smaller plants, placed into fresh new potting soil and debugged with insecticide!  

I used some of these plants for the Kokedomas I made also.  This would sure save me some $ in the spring if this works as well and give me a fun project for winter!  Gee, I think I can even hang a few small Kokedamas on this!




No comments:

Post a Comment