Monday, September 1, 2014

Purple Coneflowers, a staple in most gardens!

Most of us have coneflowers in our garden beds, most of them are purple!

I depend on them to bloom for a long time and luckily I found a variety that holds their petals outward on nice strong stems!  Being they are so magnificent in floral arrangements as well, so I enjoy them often inside!   It seems bees and butterflies also appreciate them and then the birds feast on their seeds later!  They deserve places in three different garden beds at my house. 

New varieties and colors?  I admire them but when I've tried them I am usually disappointed by the second year, if they survived, so I stick to my tried and true variety,  I have long lost their variety name so I hope they keep on surviving and spreading enough to do "their thing"!


No comments:

Post a Comment