Sunday, October 12, 2014

My favorite splashs of color are

Dragon Wing Begonias, they never disappoint me!  They love sun, shade or part sun! They are spectacular planted in small or large containers or directly in the ground!  My favorite way to use them is to plant 3 plants in each huge container (like half whiskey barrel size) and watch the show begin!  This year I treated them to some worm poop (more about that in another post) and watered them well weekly!  Actually, I stop at a country greenhouse near the cabin early in the spring and place an order for about 22 of them from the first batch they grow out and pick them up once the frost danger has passed.  At home I do a big pot in my big hosta bed, a big pot next to the garage and a few in a taller small pot between the two garage doors.  

Just two plants in this container


Three plants in this container

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on Dragon Wing Begonias, Karen! They just don't quit!
    At this year's gardening fair at the history center I got quite a few that the Byron HS students had grown as a fund raiser. I have been enjoying them all summer and will hope for more next year!

    ReplyDelete