Friday, July 31, 2020

Purple Fountain Grass

Purple Fountain Grass is an old favorite of mine!

I always planted it lakeside at the cabin in two planters to enjoy!  This year I planted it when I found the perfect spot and planter for it at home.  

The planter stand has been in my memories since I was a little girl.  I used to go with my Dad on Memorial Day when he returned the planter with new geraniums planted in it to the cemetery where his father and a young sibling was buried.  A few years ago my brother was buried in that same cemetery and I visited the family plot and found the old plant stand still there with a broken and neglected pot that had obviously been forgotten about for many years.  So, I rescued the stand and Denny cleaned it up for me and I installed it in a spot in one of my garden beds.  

This year it seemed the perfect place to blend an old memory of a plant stand with a newer memory of the Purple Fountain Grass.  Seems like my garden beds are filled with more than just plants and flowers, but memories of friends, times and loved ones to enjoy.







No comments:

Post a Comment