Saturday, October 19, 2019

Door Prize

I won a door prize at last week's Hosta club meeting!

My name was drawn 2nd and we can choose from the selection so I spotted this adorable pumpkin with the tiny Croten plant in it!  And, needless to say, I grabbed it quickly!


Who doesn't enjoy a new Halloween décor piece!  Just turn it face to the wall and it can stay there as a pumpkin planter until Turkey Day is done!    Not to mention that little colorful plant will find a home in the spring in one of my fairy gardens!  I think its tropical feel will fit in just great in my "beach theme" fairy garden!  

Right now it is sitting on the kitchen table so we can enjoy it up close at least three times a day along with the darling yellow begonia that is residing there also.  Another touch of fall color!  I often  have several of the little pots the begonia is sitting in because I often pick those tiny plants up seasonally to enjoy.  I even find tiny poinsettia plants during the winter holidays!  Trader Joe's has them often at very reasonable prices!  Yep, the begonia will end up in a fairy garden in the spring also!  Unless I get bored and make an indoor one with house plants later in the winter!😉


Oh, in case you are wondering about the brown cup planter, I found that with the Coffee Plant seedlings at Home Depot for $4 and decided there was a spot for it in the kitchen for awhile!  The writing on the cup says " Cappuccino Express Cafe"!  




No comments:

Post a Comment