Friday, July 5, 2019

I am soooo excited!

When you lose a plant it is an opportunity to replace it with something new and maybe even better!
Although we liked the Weigela shrubs we planted a few years ago, this variety seems to be a bit not so hardy when our winters are on the extreme side.  So I went shopping hoping I'd find something that I'd like as well that might be more reliable for Minnesota.

Much to my surprise I found replacements that have me sooooo excited!  My friend, Rita, has the most beautiful 'Quickfire' hydrangea tree what begins blooming in June and just keeps on a going with magnificent blossoms on into winter providing a beautiful change of color thru the season!
I've had a big case of envy for several years now!   Well, guess what I found just waiting for me  to discover!   Yep, a new variety 'Little Quickfire'!  A shrub that only grows 3-5 Ft high with a spread of only 3-5 Ft!  AND IT IS IN BLOOM AND ON SALE!  Two of them quickly jumped into our car to find their new forever home with us!

And two of the Weigela's could stay for another year while the Quickfire's settle in to grow a bit!  If the Weigelas survive this coming winter, I guess we'll find another spot for them!

The color right now is a light rich cream!  

They should spread to about 5 Ft each and fill in this space!  I can hardly wait but will enjoy the view as they grow!


No comments:

Post a Comment