Monday, February 18, 2019

Escaping winter, dreaming of spring.......

AND REDESIGNING MY GARDENING PROJECTS, ETC....

Watching the weather pictures and news from friends at home in MN and strolling around the AZ garden centers is keeping my mind focused on spring and gardening!

My mind is drifting into visions of changes in my gardening activities.  The change in our lifestyle from a summer of sharing gardening activity between home and our lake home every few days  to 24/7 at home will bring opportunities for change!  Change usually means something new and fun in my gardening life!

This means, a return to containers with sun loving plants, hanging planters that I can tend in a timely manner, Fairy Gardens placed throughout my garden beds instead of gathered on the back porch!

And then I found this in my email this morning!

The Joy of a Secluded Garden.... CLICK HERE


Denny is dreaming of a gas fired back yard fire pit!  He already has found the needed parts and pieces available on Amazon.com!  

Our little porch can be refigured into something beyond a Fairy Garden Center!  It is a semi secluded area that I can redesign easily to bring a different experience into our lifestyle!  

Still, of course,  keeping the garden beds and plantings in the low maintenance mode!  Hanging baskets, containers, fairy gardens don't require lots of physical energy to maintain, just watering, fertilizing and a bit of pruning!  Easy stuff!  

And how many weeks now until gardening time begins?  I'll kick it off at the April 12th "Gardening for the Health of It" event at home!  But my to do list and the plants to buy list is already started!


No comments:

Post a Comment