Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Door Prize!

My lucky husband, Denny, won a door prize at our Founder's Day Event last week!  He is lucky at winning those, which is why I make sure he comes with me and joined that organization also!  A big thank you to whoever donated it!

They had some companion plants among the hostas in the prize selection, which was great!  So, he picked out (with my help, of course) a Pink Turtlehead perennial!   I had just the spot for it, part sun along the fence directly in back of our house.  I planted it where I could easily see it to enjoy, just outside the windows in our bedroom and  my office!  Also, it had lots of appeal to me  because  it blooms this time of the year.  I had added a dwarf variety earlier this year, which has grown quite well for a first year planting!

Familiar with Turtlehead or 'Chelone'?

Information on Turtlehead click here!


The new one I planted this spring!

The door prize!  





No comments:

Post a Comment