Thursday, August 13, 2015

Mini Pearl Daylily

I notice my daylilies can use a bit of downsizing.  I like to split them in the fall so they pop up in the spring ready to grow without being disturbed.  Yet I like to donate plants to new homes and assist my garden club in their fundraising projects.  So, I plan ahead to donate them for the club plant sale.  I will be potting divisions up this fall to winter over in pots ready for plant sale time in the spring! A picture tag on the pot makes sure it sells and brings in a nice amount of  $ to the club! 

So, I have been taking pictures and making sure the varieties are well marked.  Nobody buys daylilies without knowing what they look like in bloom!

Most of my daylilies are rebloomers to maximize the space I have available with maximum blooms!  As I was marking them I was reminded my favorite lady 'Mini Pearl'  is a heavy bloomer for me.  I just deadheaded a stalk that had produced 18 blooms in July and will probably rebloom a bit more yet this season!  Many stalks on my one plant makes me very happy and looks great in my garden bed for a whole month! It seems I always have several Mini Pearl's blooming every day!

Mini Pearl's color is what they call a blush pink

For more information on 'Mini Pearl' click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment