Wednesday, April 22, 2015

April is National Gardening Month!

One of the suggestions to celebrate this special month is to share your gardening love with a child!

Every April I share my passion for spring, gardening and pansy planters with my great granddaughter Josie.  Gardening has became our special bonding activity!


  2010 was my first Pansy Time with
Josie!  Love the shades she has on!
You should have seen the snazzy boots
she wore when shopping for her plants!
She fell in love with the big purple and white faced variety and picks them out
every year until she found a new love this year!
This year she was captivated by this pot containing different varieties


Then Josie spotted the purple Alyssum close by and was enchanted by them so I suggested that we plant them in the pot we had planned to put pansy plants in since we had decided on the preplanted pansy pot!  Needless to say she was delighted so we went home to have supper and plant up her pot!  She had 3 plants leftover that didn't fit in the planter so we decided she would take them home and put one in each of her fairy gardens.  My suggestion that she could handle that without me was eagerly agreed to.  She has graduated to the next gardening level and I am so proud of her!

Our next gardening fun will be her Fairy Gardens.  We started her fairy gardening fun in 2011. 

No comments:

Post a Comment