Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Lemon Cypress Trees

are appearing in garden centers for holiday decorating!

I just had to go check out the interesting display of what appeared to be small trees among the holiday plants at a popular garden center last week.  They had various sizes starting with the one I purchased that is about 9 inches tall and upwards to almost 2 1/2 feet +.  With only a $5 price tag on the 9 inch one, I got interested fast as it is an ideal size tree for a fairy garden!  The tag indicated it was a house plant in MN during the winter but can be moved outdoors for summer!  Yep, ideal for a fairy garden inside now and outside in the spring.  So I'll try to keep it alive and healthy indoors this winter and move it out in the spring and what a bargain price for a miniature tree!

Now I am finding them in other greenhouses among the seasonal plants for the holidays!
I ended up putting mine in a holiday mug for now and it will be among my holiday décor, maybe even with a few mini ornaments added to it!  If you see them, check them out!
Makes a nice fresh touch of the outdoors inside!

cultivar of the Monterey cypress (Cupressus macrocarpa)

No comments:

Post a Comment