Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Snow Flakes in July.....

 


Looking for a shorter Lily to add a spot of white in your garden bed?  This little Asiatic upward facing lady is 'Tiny Snowflake' reaching only 18-20 inches high and will like a bit of shade even!  She's just right for an accent in a patch of  Small size hostas, which is where she lives in my yard.  In just three years she has rewarded me by increasing to three plants of blooms!  This picture was taken in the second week of blooming so she hangs around to visit awhile!

I have found I enjoy lilies best when they are scattered among other plants as seasonal accents.  After they bloom I just dead head them and shorten the plant stalks to about 1/3rd their height and they blend in with the surrounding plantings while they gather energy for next year's bounty of beauty!

1 comment:

  1. I just bought a new lily today to add to the garden!
    More of this wonderful weather please!

    ReplyDelete