Monday, July 28, 2014

July is more than fireworks exploding....


'Becky'
 
I simply must have daisies in my garden beds!  Not just any daisy will do for me!  This one is a perfect striking white accent for every garden.
 
'Becky' blooms during those peak days of summer, has nice tall thick stems to handle even brisk breezes and rain drops as well as look fantastic in floral arrangements.  I love a vase of her with purple coneflowers and heuchera blooms as a filler with a few hosta leaves.  She's equally lovely in a bud vase also.  I mourn her last bloom when I deadhead.
 
She's reliable especially if you mulch her well for the first two MN winters.  Because she's also popular shop for her early in the spring before she's gobbled up by other gardeners. 
 
Shasta Daisy - Leucanthemum 'Becky'
Mature Height: 3 feet
Mature Spread: 18-24 inches
Mature Form: Mounded
Growth Rate: medium
Sun Exposure: full sun
Soil Type: normal, sandy, clay
Soil Moisture: moist

 
 

1 comment:

  1. I agree that these are one of the best sun perennials for our zone: so well behaved compared to English Daisies, and with a pretty long bloom-time.

    ReplyDelete