Saturday, September 18, 2021

Miniature Gardens 2021

Fall is arriving and its time to start thinking about preparing my miniature gardens for their sleep time in the garage this winter.  This year I plan to remove the annual plants and put tags in the containers of what perennials are in there and which themes I used.  It will make it easier in the spring!

This summer I decided it was time for  a winter project to create a Keepsake Picture Scrapbook for my past years of creating miniature gardens.  Some years I've planted 25 - 30 different ones with various themes.  This year I only did 17, deciding I did not have to use all my accessories I have collected every year!  My porch/deck was a bit less crowded and I liked it.  The plants are getting more costly, etc.  I made sure to take good individual pictures of each one this year to add to my picture collection.

In the past I have done picture scrapbook memories of hostas.  Also one of the summer plantings I have done from pictures I have taken over the years.   It's fun to page thru them in the winter!

Each spring I wonder if I will have the physical ability to continue to replace some perennials and add some annuals to care for again.  Although I have made changes for less and easier maintenance these last several years, I still plan to work in more flowering shrubs to reduce the work and still enjoy some flowers blooming.  The hydrangeas have especially brought me joy!  


This year a monkey joined my 'Out of Africa" theme!






No comments:

Post a Comment