Monday, December 7, 2020

Porch Pots for the Holidays!

 What to do for 2020!  I recalled last winter being attracted to a striking winter pot of greens accented with twigs that were silver!  It was so simple but fresh and sparkly in the sunlight!  So, that became my theme for this year's outdoor decor!

Before I had a chance to begin putting my plan to work, I discovered a special Holiday Fairy or Elf had delivered a very attractive pot of mixed greens to my house one morning.  I have not been able to figure out just who it is from, but I am sure enjoying the special gift!   I just slipped it into one of the two matching pots by the garage and added some silver twigs and it fit right in with my plans!  

Another friend showed me the dried hydrangeas she had sprayed with red paint this year, so I figured a silver one would be a great accent to my larger pot!  Will see how it holds up to the wet snow, etc., but so far it handled some rain just fine!  And I have a supply in reserve I can spray to replace occasionally! 

It was fun to use the hanging basket on my front door, which I won at the Garden Club Holiday Party last year!  I kept the theme going there also with the greens with silver accents!  I plan to switch out the silver accent spray with some red berries after the holidays to change the mood to winter from the holidays!  

What did you do this year?   Our outdoor Christmas lights are not up yet due to our house being resided the first week of Dec. but Denny is hoping to get some of it done in time to enjoy it a bit before the holidays!  


Holiday Elf/Fairy gift!



No comments:

Post a Comment