Thursday, December 31, 2020

Good Bye 2020!

Looking back thru 2020! 

Yes, in many ways and for many reasons we are all eager to move forward into 2021.  

Looking back thru 2020, which we gardeners do every year to review our gardening season to determine what changes we may want to target for next year's growing season, we recognize it has been a challenging year in general for all of us! 

We faced the changes in our lifestyles due to the Covid Pandemic and recognize this will continue into 2021 with the confidence this pandemic will come to an end.  As gardeners, we have developed a strong faith in the future!   Hopefully the news will be more uplifting to watch and read.  This country has sure experienced a year filled with turmoil that has affected each of us in some way.  

Personally I have been reflecting back on the challenges I have faced.  First our last big vacation plans for a trip to Alaska, which was to include a visit to the Butchart Gardens in Victoria, was cancelled due to the Pandemic!  Our social life went thru ups and downs with the various changes in coping with the Pandemic.  Being we are in the older population segment and we live in a major medical community, we rolled with the recommended guidelines to protect our health and that of other people.  The money we would have spent on our vacation ended up being invested in our home by early winter when our home was resided to decreased the physical maintenance of the siding and gutters.  

I thought I was handling the lack of social activity and contact with family and friends quite well, especially during the summer which allowed us to enjoy the outdoors and gardening.  But suddenly one day this late fall I found myself in tears for no specific reason and realized the problem was I was not handling the drastic scale back of social interaction with family and friends as well as I thought!  Slowly I have been working at ways to handle that better, the biggest challenge was facing that was the problem and I needed to take some more action!  

The holidays were a mixed bag of feelings and emotions.  Counting my blessings needed to be done more often indeed.  In a few days it will be my time to pack away the holiday decor and return to finding a cozy comfortable home environment and ways to increase my contact with friends and family.  I have a few projects lined up but I really need to discover more plans to get me thru the dreary overcast days of the the MN winter in a more upbeat mind set.

Noticing my grow lights for my plants are bringing them their needed light to be happy, I may be shopping soon for some lights to help me be more happy.  I realize our 13 years in AZ as snowbirds added more sunlight to my life, which had a very positive affect on me!

And I will saying goodbye to one of my favorite holiday plants soon.  I have chosen to enjoy them when in season and look forward to them again next year, like I do my Holiday dishes! 


 

I am looking forward to my traditional oyster stew for supper tonite!

No comments:

Post a Comment