Tuesday, April 14, 2020

My mini gardens

Last year I planted fewer of them as the cost of the plants has been increasing readily.  I figured my usual 35 had become a bit much so reduced to about 25!   I see quite a few of the perennials seem to have survived their winter home in our garage, which will save me a bit of money this year.  Once they are recovered from winter I will be able to split quite a few of them to mix in with the new ones I will be purchasing to create my mini gardens with!  That fun is about 6 weeks from now.

Right now they spend the nights tucked in the garage and sunshine days out soaking up the warmth and fresh air on the driveway!  Thanks to Denny's creative skills making me these flat plant movers the moving job is quick and easy!

He made the carts to help shuffle plants around while setting up for the two annual plant sales held by my garden clubs.  This year those sales are not possible but thankfully both organizations have secure financial assets that will allow us to weather this pandemic crisis we are in! One of these clubs is 81 years old and has weathered many challenges and we will survive this one also.  The other is only 14 years old but we will also survive just fine thanks to wise financial management and successful annual sales!





No comments:

Post a Comment