Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Cleaning out the ground covers....

While I was cleaning out some of the leaves from my "Pachysandra - Japanese Spurge" ground cover I was reminded of my non-gardening daughter, Kari!  This is one plant she did buy and plant once upon a time.  It is a perfect ground cover that only requires keeping it in the boundary you establish (it is easy to pull out) and cleaning out some of the tree leaves that wander into it in the fall!  Yep, I have a nice area of it, which is now showing the potential white  blooms getting ready to open!  I started it with cuttings I took from Kari's patch @ 16 years ago.  So, I smile as I think of her and also of all the cuttings I have given to friends to start their own patches of rich green ground cover!  

This year I will be celebrating the upcoming maple seed drop time from a neighbors tree!  The tree is gone now and I am recalling  how much time I spent in the last 14 years digging those seeds out of this patch of ground cover so I didn't have to dig out trees sprouting!  Yipeeee!


No comments:

Post a Comment