Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Birds! Oh My!

We finally added a bird house in our one tree in our yard!  I shared my purchase earlier with you and now I enjoy it every day when I open the living room drapes!  And, I also enjoy the song and sight of a wren who moved into it!  Big house for a little bird!

We've had the delight of having spotted a male oriole in our back yard so we quickly went shopping for a feeder and grape jelly!  What fun, we have at least two pair we are enjoying visits from!  My neighbor Mary enjoys the view also as the feeder is on the property line between us!

Not so fun was the beautiful big red robin who was determined to build a nest in our back porch!  As much as I loved seeing her, I was not happy at having a beautiful hanging planter's flowers destroyed and also the other spot she picked was a empty hanging basket right next to the dining room door that I keep gardening gloves and sweat bands in!  So, we had to remove two different nests in process of being built!  Interestingly Denny stuffed two white coffee filters in that spot and that ended her efforts to rebuild!  She finally gave up and I notice picked a neighbors tree right next door so we can still enjoy her presence!  But, boy can they build a big nest quickly!   They also love the addition we made of a suet cake recently!

I also have a returning little wren that likes a decorative white birdhouse I put out along the garage garden bed!  She chatters to me lots when I am out there!

We are still waiting to spot the hummers we have a full feeder for!  Previous years we have had a few visitors so we are thinking there are more out there so we are looking for them!  We enjoyed so many of them at the lake, so would like to get them visiting here!   Now that we are home 7 days a week we have expanded our bird visitors with a bit more focus on feeding them!

Of course, Denny continues to keep his hanging feeders full that dangle in front of our living room window!  The boys, our new fur children, so enjoy the excitement of the bird visits also!  Their climber gives them front row seats to the daily activity!



No comments:

Post a Comment