Friday, July 29, 2016

Thalictrum.....

When asked what this plant is my response is "it is a Thalictrum" and that usually gets a response "WHAT?"

It is not one of the most common perennials but one that loves part-shade making it a good companion for hostas or in part shade environments.  The one pictured here has white flowers and was labeled Thalictrum Aquilegiflium, which blooms in purple-pink or white.  Mine blooms in white which is great with my home a gray background for it!  It blooms early summer or late spring so that is when I usually get questions.  The foliage is wonderful for floral arrangements!




Thalictrum is a genus of 120-200 species of herbaceous perennial flowering plants in the Ranunculaceae family native mostly to temperate regions. Meadow-rue is a common name for plants in this genus.

I also have found some miniature varieties that I am in love with and use in my Mini Hosta Bed and also in Fairy Gardens!  Check my next blog for pictures and information about those varieties!

No comments:

Post a Comment