Monday, July 11, 2016

My Grama Jo

Growing up in an extended family home which included my mother's mother gave me many special memories!  The benefits definitely outweighed what must have been challenges with two adult women in the same home!  Actually, after my mother's death, I ended up with Grama Jo in my home for the last years of her life!  I recall telling my dad that if he ever wondered if his decision to include his mother-in-law in his home life had been a good one that I wanted him to know I thought it was priceless to us all through the years.

Each year on Memorial Day I plant three planters to place on three important graves of people that were in our lives.  My parents, Denny's parents, which usually end up with red flowers, and my Grandma Jo always gets one with pink flowers in it.  After Memorial Day I bring the planters home and the two red ones go to the lake and I think of those special people every time I water and deadhead them.  Grandma Jo's planter comes home and gets planted with a few additional plants at home and I think of her when I deadhead and water that one!  It's turned out to be a special way I keep those important people in my life and enjoy remembering so many treasured memories.

Grama Jo's planter 2016




No comments:

Post a Comment