Sunday, June 20, 2021

Sunrise Sunset time in SE MN!

My one and only rose, which is a shrub rose, "Sunrise Sunset" is once again the highlight of my side yard garden bed!

The story behind it is:  I had given up on hybrid roses due to the work involved with MN winter preparation.  Suddenly, I won a rose in a drawing from one of my favorite garden centers, and had my choice.....this one caught my eye and I've fallen in love..... it is so easy to care for.... I simply prune it back in the fall and finish pruning it up in the spring when it comes back to life... and it blooms continually with three major flushes all season!  Actually I have to prune back some of the branches during the summer as it threatens to take over the whole world, which includes other plantings and containers nearby!

If you are shopping for a shrub rose....be sure to check this one out and consider it!







No comments:

Post a Comment