Sunday, November 3, 2019

My daughter's garden view

My daughter and I do not consider her a gardener...…. not even a plant inside and even an arrangement of fresh flowers does not interest her!

I must admit, this view from her living room looking out is a beautiful view of a landscape design created by mother nature!  Really, with a view like this as you look thru the windows who needs a flower garden out there!

Kari mows the lawn during that season and gazes upon a few shrubs and three Karl Forrester Grasses that comprise her nod to gardening.  I noticed she tends a pot of Basil on her deck in the summer so I arrived with a fresh pot of basil for indoors and she was delighted!  I understand someone brought her an outdoor planter of flowering plants this summer that she even took care of!  Maybe there is a bit of gardener in her afterall!  At least there are signs of a few baby steps with caution but I don't expect it to grow much further. It's the taste of fresh basil with tomatoes that she loves, not growing the plants!

We had a delightful weekend visit with them and as usual, I soaked up the sight from inside her living room enjoying the calm and peaceful picture that is ever changing by season, weather conditions and the time of the day! A bit of wildlife floated by on the lake and in the sky to enhance the scene.   

They live on Rush Lake, just north of the Twin Cities, in Minnesota for the last several years, after growing up and raising their family in Rochester.  The peaceful and quieter lifestyle there is their dream come true and Tim enjoys his fishing hobby in all seasons.  The conversation was centered on Denny's return to winter in MN bringing him back to ice fishing and getting him equipped to do that again.  I think I vetoed a snowmobile to travel on frozen lakes with!  A tour of Tim's new ice shack has become a big attraction for Denny to return there this winter for some ice fishing action.  So long as I can curl up with a book and glass of wine by the warm fireplace, I'm all for it!  I might need to shop for a pair of boots tho!


                  
This morning was an overcast day announcing winter is approaching fast!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment