Sunday, August 25, 2019

The plant that got the most questions on my garden tour!

"What is this plant?"  was the frequent question from people visiting my garden during the recent Garden Tour!  I was so surprised to find they wanted to know what "Verbena Bonariensis" is!   I have six plants in one area!

I simply love this plant, which is an annual in this zone!  I saw it first at the Mayowood Mansion Gardens years ago and just had to learn more about it!  Monarch butterflies love it, I love it and find it in a six pack at Sargeant's Garden Center in Rochester in  the spring!  I also found it at Donahue's in Faribault in gallon pots this year!

Easy to start from seed and reseeds easily if you don't heavily mulch the area.  (You can relocate the seedlings!) 

Usually I plant a few in the back of a bed as the flowers just dance above the rest of the plants!  Full sun!  Clay soil is no problem!  They were very happy this year and are reaching close to 5 ft in height!  Beautiful in bouquets!  




No comments:

Post a Comment