Monday, October 19, 2015

Falling into fall.....

Time to hit the SE MN roads to view Mother Nature's own garden beds!  We did our annual drive with a few destination eating places in mind!  First stop for food was at the famous Aroma Pie Shop in Whalen.  The color was about gone in that area but the pie was not disappointing a bit!

Then we headed to "The River"  (ole Mississippi, of course) and drove north towards our next destination dining place in Lake City!  I should not have stopped for my annual carmel apple at Pepin Heights Orchard because we were five minutes after closing at the Chickadee Cottage Cafe!  So I missed my awesome meal I was expecting there!  Well, I guess we may have to go again to Lake City  soon and then drive a bit further north to Red Wing,  so I can enjoy a bowl of that awesome potato soup at Chickadee before they close for the season!  Denny has not been there yet and I so want him to have some of that soup!

Mother Nature's Water Feature!

No comments:

Post a Comment