Monday, August 29, 2016

Mars.....

Mars is one of my favorite varieties of Heuchera and has been showering me with lots of flowers every year since 2008!

I so enjoy the various varieties of Coral Bells that keep hitting the market every year!  Most of them do the best for me in a part shade environment.  Some are mostly beautiful foliage but some are prolific bloomers also!  Great companions for hostas!  'Mars' is one that seems to be a happy camper for me providing a bounty of lovely blooms that are primarily a light cream color with edges of a darker color that seems to escape from the foliage!  The more I deadhead and harvest it for floral arrangements, the more it seems to bloom!  It is definitely so happy in its home, it far exceeds the width in its description.  After 8 years I think it is time I split it a bit and spread its happiness around!  I recall planting it 8 years ago and it was a wee baby in a 4" square pot!  I will do that in the spring so it gets well established next year.

This picture was taken in June and right now it is full of blossoms yet!
For more information about "Mars" CLICK HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment