Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Lemon Cypress

I was so happy to find more of these lovely trees this year!

Last year I puchased one thinking ahead for spring and Fairy Gardens!   (It was only $5, so what did I have to lose?)  My friend, Mary, took care of it while I was in AZ and she assured me it was easy to do.  She just made sure it got sun and water.  So, I had great luck adding it to a Fairy Garden in the spring and it was very happy in part shade outside all summer!  It even grew a bit and was ready to be repotted and brought inside this fall!

I used it again in a Fairy Garden at Mayowood Mansion for decor during their annual fund raising Christmas Tour Event and am looking forward to it returning home in another week or so.

So this year I purchased two of them and they are a bit larger than last year's.  (also a bit more money) Then I really got excited while at Gerten's in Inver Grove Heights because I found them really tiny, like 9 inches tall for only $3.99 so just had to add two more to my collection!  Now to find someone to adopt them while I am in AZ!  

They have a bonus in being lemon scented so its delightful to run your hand over them!








Click on this for more information about Lemon Cypress

No comments:

Post a Comment