Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Garden Tours in AZ

I just purchased my ticket for the annual Master Gardener Garden Tour for the  AZ Maricopa County area.

I am looking forward to joining friends in about 10 days for this self guided car tour, like I did last year.  So, I looked up the pictures I took on the tour last year to refresh my memory of the plantings we saw.  Gardens in this area are quite different and it is interesting comparing them to what we usually see on our own Garden Tours in Minnesota.

Last year one of the interesting and beautiful plants we saw was the Pyracantha Coccinea.  It definitely got our attention as we approached the gate to enter a private garden.

As you can see, it is a very tall shrub that is colorful with rich green leaves.  Research confirms it is great for this desert climate as it grows in  zones 6 to 9.

http://www.backyardgardener.com/plantname/pda_be8d.html

No comments:

Post a Comment