Sunday, December 14, 2014

Tiny Christmas butterfly wings.

The blossoms of the Cyclamen twist and turn like tiny butterfly wings.    The silvery, marbled coloring of the foliage accents the beautiful flower colors of lavender, rose, maroon, red, or white.

My favorite indoor holiday/winter plant lately has become the festive miniature red Cyclamen!  It is only 4 1/2" tall and tucks into tiny spaces so easily!  It just needs to be free of drafts, get lots of indirect light and frequent watering to be happy!  It blooms usually for two months so brings lots of smiles to my face!   I find this adorable miniature at Bachman's & Gerten's in the cities for only $2.98 each, so indulge in several for myself and sharing with friends! 


The abundant buds pop up from beneath the foliage and turn from white to pink before
  bursting into a cheerful red! 
 
I fell in love with full size Cyclamens in AZ where they grow easily outdoors in the winter months.  I often indulge in a few hanging baskets of them when we are there and have them blooming for three months!  I have a hard time picking which colors to buy, they are all so beautiful!
 
I found the pottery pot at Bachman's, which fits it perfectly and I found another miniature plant for them in the spring to enjoy.  I'll share that with you in the spring!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment